OMG, Bob!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Some of you know I have been sick again, so yeah this is my fault but...:p...I went out and threw Bob's grape vines at him and that had wore me out so much that I went back inside and laid down right away. I fell asleep and was happily crashed out on the couch for about 4 hours. (I know, but old people sleep good)...All the sudden there was a pounding on my door and it was a guy from up the street. He hollers at me "Bob is running away"! And, darn if there he was, going for it again. I looked and his gate was open on his expensive Bob fence. I must have not got it latched completely. It's been sticking and if I don't pay attention it doesn't latch. But how does he know it's not quite latched and why doesn't it latch when he starts messing with it? He simply has a radar about those gates. But he'd stopped pushing on them weeks ago...anyhow, for those of you who don't know Bob escapes so a $1000 fence was donated so I could keep him. He had to get the gate open, and it opens IN to his pen, so does he hook a claw and pull it open? Then he climbs up 7 stairs to the deck, knocks over my pumpkin plants walks across the deck, leaves muddy marks on the back door, down 6 stairs and...FREEDOM...off he goes up the street. This guy is a 47 yr old disabled guy with back trouble, (yeah my thinking too) but I still asked him if he thought he could pick Bob up. We steered him around so he was walking back towards the house, and got him to the stairs. The guy gives me his dog who is barking and freaking out, and he bends over, gets a grip on Bob and up he goes. Bob is an 80 pound Sulcata. So the guy is struggling with Bob and gets up the stairs and I try to get around in front to help, "Don't drop him, if you can't hold him put him down" and I try again to get around in front and again he kind of turns his body away from me, moving Bob and that's when I saw...XXX (shield your children's ears for this part) the guy had chosen to go commando that day and Bob had torn his shorts open and his package was in full view. (yep) "OMG!" I say so brilliantly. Bob's back foot is pushing right at the spot where shaft goes into the body so it's sticking right up saying hello and I get a flat out full frontal view. So again because I am such a conversationalist I repeat "OMG!" and I start laughing. Not one of my more shining moments, he says for me to stop laughing or he's gonna drop Bob, but ladies, he can't see what I can see and by now I am practically rolling on the floor. So he gets Bob into his pen, puts him down and covers himself and tries to retrieve his dignity. Now to make matters worse I don't sew and can't use a safety pin one handed so I have none of that and he has to walk home duct taped shut. As he's trying to close his shorts with the tape he says "You should be doing this", "me?" I squeak. "yes, you" he says, "Me?" I repeat...he says "yes, I think you're hot". Me? Was he really saying that stuff to me? Yep, he was. So we introduced ourselves, (altho we kinda already had) and he stayed and we visited for a bit. He tried to hug me when he left but I wasn't having any of that. But I hope you are laughing at this and getting as much enjoyment out of it as I did. Cuz, I'm still laughing...

1z3wio4.jpg

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I laughed so hard at this story I have tears in my eyes!! I'm still laughing, to Funny! Thanks for sharing.

Annieski

5 Year Member
Edison, N.J.
What a way to wake up from a nap when you don't feel so "hot". You be careful now Maggie, maybe it was this guy who opened Bob's gate for a chance to "meet and greet" you.

elvis

5 Year Member
southern calif
Maggie's got a boyfriend!! I will throw in the first dollar to replace your new boyfriends shorts . Thanks for another great bob story

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
I think Bob was feeling emasculated by being picked up by another dude ;)
Sounds like he got even :p REALLY funny story Maggie!

OurZoo

5 Year Member
Glendora, CA
I just knew there was another reason I enjoy perusing this site (aside from all the good tortoise info)! Great story Maggie! Gives a whole new twist to "look what followed me home, Mom". Guess your new found friend never heard of "always wear clean underwear when you go out, in case you have an accident"? And I know we all hope Bob is a good judge of rescuers and didn't bring around some perv!

You & Bob made my day!:D
Sandy

moswen

5 Year Member
HAHAHA!!! Oh maggie, bob the matchmaker! And, I mean, not to be crude or anything, but *children cover your eyes again* but was it an acceptable.... size.....? I mean you can't just LEAVE US HANGING here! Hahahaha!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
if all your Bob stories are like this one, perhaps you should write a
Bob book of Short Stories

just saying..

chadk

10 Year Member!
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

M

Maggie Cummings

OK you guys...I don't want a boyfriend. That's it! So leave those thoughts...:p

sharkstar said:

just saying..

You can do a search and read numerous Bob stories ...he's very popular here, and I have written many stories about all the trouble he gets into...

chadk said:

I am sorry you feel that way. I wrote a funny story for members to laugh at

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
maggie3fan said:

sharkstar said:

just saying..

You can do a search and read numerous Bob stories ...he's very popular here, and I have written many stories about all the trouble he gets into...

chadk said:

I think that is a reference to LMAO so much, that sort of thing just happens..

M

Maggie Cummings

sharkstar said:
maggie3fan said:

sharkstar said:

just saying..

chadk said:

I think that is a reference to LMAO so much, that sort of thing just happens..

Oh, I didn't understand that at all...thanks. Did you search and find some Bob stories? There's some good ones here...

Status
Not open for further replies.