More Bob Flood 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Most of you will remember the Bob Flood of 2011. It happened in August as I left the sprinkler on in Bob's pen and because I didn't feel well I went and sat on the couch for a bit and woke up 4 hours later! Can you believe it?! So anyhow, as always the first thing I do is to go check on Bob. Well, I couldn't see him or the sprinkler and the grass was dry, so I immediately got a queasy feeling and I followed the hose along into the shed. Bob had gotten caught on the hose and drug the sprinkler into his shed where it looked like it sat for most of those 4 hours! It was on full blast and the shed had about 5 inches of water in it...

4v4sjr.jpg

and my foot...

2cnickz.jpg

So I made a claim on my Homeowner's insurance and they paid me in 24 hours. The agent called and said that he evidently hadn't read the claim correctly because it said flood caused by a 100 pound tortoise??? I said yep and he came the next day and looked at Bob and gave me the check right then. So my guy came out and started to put in a new floor and insulation.

I just don't know why people are so amazed at a 100 pound tortoise. Well anyhow, Bob was relaxing in his pool the day Ed came and started stripping out his sleeping box and Queenie's tort table...

11lhjpl.jpg

Bob's sleeping box...

nfqxyg.jpg

Bob got pretty upset at his box out there in the open so he started going in and out of it. Obviously upset...

a3grc3.jpg

He was trying to figure out why or how or what's going on here???

9acx1s.jpg

Poor Bob, he's been sleeping in that same box for almost 6 years and it's his security...

35dcgtv.jpg

So I gave him some Rose of Sharon and Hollyhocks to calm him down some...

2bp18m.jpg

Ed gave him a lecture on his misbehaving and told Bob to settle down, but of course Bob didn't care what Ed had to say...

msv7s.jpg

So I guess I'll end this for tonight and go close up Bob's shed and make sure he's in bed all tucked in safe and secure. I'll continue this story tomorrow...

28jcxt1.jpg

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
Thanks for sharing your Bob photos! We always bring up Bob's shenanigans around here - our Squirt seems to be inspired by Bob. :p Love hearing his stories!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Blahahahahahahahaahaaa those pictures are great!!! I love the one with ED!!!! That is priceless!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! I LOVE BOB!!!

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
You're making it very hard on me. I want to get one of these guys, but I know my living arrangements are not conducive for a large tortoise.

Bob is so funny; I will have to live vicariously through you,

M

Maggie Cummings

Torty Mom said:
Since I can't say I am peeing my pants anymore because everyone thinks Angela and I have a peeing problem, I found a new way to express my enjoyment! :p

So you're taking away my peeing pleasure??? Hmmm?

I like how Bob is looking up at Ed like he could tell Ed was giving him a lecture. That's the best picture...

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Nawww I'll still humor you, but all the newbies think Angela and I are old and we have a pee problem! Whaaaaaa

ascott said:
Love the Bob story sharing :D:D

And Mary Anne....I laughed so hard I peed myself....you are funny :p:p

Here I am doing damage control and then you have to go and pee!!! ANGELA!!!!!! I give up....... :p

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Hail to the KING!:p Love that last shot...mischievous smile!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
BOb! Don't sass Ed. He's the one fixing your shed...

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I remember Bob's last flood, not long after I joined the site.
Love these pictures - especially the lecture one and the last one, that looks like it should be appearing at the end of a cartoon about Bob's escapades with a "That's All, Folks!" over it.

:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have a question, does bob act territorial when strangers walk around his yard?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Love the pic with Bob and Ed, looked like Bob was giving Ed a piece of his mind! LONG LIVE BOB!! :) thanks for the great story and pictures! They always make my day.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Its funny that everyone loved the Ed/Bob picture. I thought the one where Bob was peeking out the corner of his ceiling was the best one.

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
emysemys said:
Its funny that everyone loved the Ed/Bob picture. I thought the one where Bob was peeking out the corner of his ceiling was the best one.

Hahah I agree! That one was my favorite! Showed his real personality. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.