omg how do i keep these alive? help

kimbverly

Location (City and/or State)
UT
hello! i recently purchased the testudo seed mix from tortoise supply upon and the seeds have sprouted well.

any tips on how to help the plants grow even further? i really don’t want them to die because i need to be able to have weeds i can feed my baby tortoise during winter.

they have been planted in these small trays, kept in moderate sunlight by a window. i water them when the top gets dry. planted in coconut coir.

i know i planted wayyyy too many, i suppose some will be able to survive and others won’t.
i was wondering if further nutrients should be added to the coconut coir that is non toxic to tortoises. winter is approaching where i live so i won’t be able to keep them outside. thank you for reading this 🙏 IMG_9217.jpegIMG_9218.jpeg

kimbverly

Location (City and/or State)
UT
Yes you would need more nutrients for the plants. You can use anything really that is made for ppl food. The plants will put it to use and they tortoises will not have access to the dirt/pot.
sorry i'm a little unsure what you mean by "anything that is made for people food"