OMGosh...Is This What I think It Is???? XRATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Traumatic for you but relieved for Lou he doesn't have to answer to the girl's name anymore....LOL! I'm actually waiting for that to happen to me w/Penelope, too. The odds of having a female is far less I heard. :p

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
Thanks everyone!! :D My tortie formerly known as Daisy Lou is still nameless. We have finally come to terms with the incident, I with the shock and he with the gender. Thankfully he has been keeping his "business" to himself. We are having a very hard time finding a name that suits him. Other than that he is doing great, eyes are still a tad puffy, but nothing like they were. Urates are perfectly normal and per Yvonne's suggestion I have been giving him the miner-all. Which seems to be helping, he didn't try to eat any dirt today! Yay!

M

Maggie Cummings

Shelly said:
I thought my youngest male was a female until last summer when he "flashed" for the first time. He was eleven. His plastron is flat, but he has now developed those gland thingies under his chin. Anyone know what those are called?
John...they're gular scutes...

Mary Anne...I like just keeping his name Lou or Louis...Winky Lou is pretty good too. I am lovin this thread...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think John was referring to the chin glands on the tortoise's chin, not his gular scutes. They're just called "chin glands."

Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing them on Dudley. I wonder if the chin glands are only on male desert tortoises.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
emysemys said:
I think John was referring to the chin glands on the tortoise's chin, not his gular scutes. They're just called "chin glands."

I was. What is their purpose?

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
That is the funniest thing I have heard for a while,,:D:D:D:D:D

I have a red foot at work and every time you bathe him, he gets his bits out.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.