One of our backyard visitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
148.jpg

I think it is a Gopher tortoise. We call her Layla she frequents our Garden along with a few box turtles.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lynnwood, WA
Aw, what a cute little tort. I hope she sticks around for you to see it grow!

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
Yes she drinks from our water pans or from the garden. I think she just lives in our yard. She is there almost daily.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
vanillapooh1979 said:
Yes she drinks from our water pans or from the garden. I think she just lives in our yard. She is there almost daily.

That is so special, she should be very happy. She probably has a little burrow near.

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
I am pretty sure her burrow is under the edge of our house. She seems really curious about my Sulcattas and will amble over to them in the yard and snatch food from their munch pile. She will also sort of push them out of her way to get to the best stuff. I say she but I have no idea girl or boy. I know it is illegal to keep them here but since she is free to come and go that is not bad to have her in my yard. She either hatched in the yard or near the yard and I see adults infrequently in the general area.

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
That is amazing! I love these little guys. As long as you didnt move him from his natural habitat or hinder his comings and goings then Im pretty sure you cant get in trouble for his being there.

vanillapooh1979

5 Year Member
Nope she came with the house! ;) I did Put her in the safe enclosure this weekend since it was flooding under our house and she looked miserable trying to swim out.

Status
Not open for further replies.