Oops! Let's try a formal introduction. :)

drew54

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I'm Drew and I'm a new sulcata owner. I live in Indiana, yeah not the ideal spot for raising a tortoise, but I'm determined to make it work out for the little guy. I haven't named him/her yet, so for now little guy will do. He is roughly two months old. I got him from Tyler at tortoise supply on recommendation from this forum. I've had a heck of a time with his temporary enclosure keeping humidity up, so I ended up being able to make it fully enclosed. Anyway, so there is a guy that lives in my town that has a 14yr old male and a 1yr female. His male was running around his outdoor run area and it was the most amazing thing I had seen. I instantly became hooked. So, I stopped by and talked to the guy for almost two hours and saw his torts and got a lot of information from him. So, after that I began hunting for ask the info I could find. Much like most people I came across mostly outdated info until I found this forum. Right now he is running around his water dish and basking rock stopping to eat every few minutes. It's adorable and very entertaining. I will take more pictures soon and once I get a scale I'll post weight. But here is my little guy from a few days ago resting after eating.
IMG_0692.jpg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Welcome Drew. Proud for you and your new baby! I’ll look forward to seeing his progress .

drew54

Indiana
Welcome Drew. Proud for you and your new baby! I’ll look forward to seeing his progress .

Thank you! As well as I! My 3 year old loves the tort, but he for some reason is always concerned about seeing his poops. ~ shrugs~ maybe he knows something I don't.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome Drew and little guy. Keep a eye on your sully and see if he/she is a poop eater. Opo was so I made sure I retrieved it quickly and soon Opo lost interest in it.
Good luck!

drew54

Indiana
Welcome Drew and little guy. Keep a eye on your sully and see if he/she is a poop eater. Opo was so I made sure I retrieved it quickly and soon Opo lost interest in it.
Good luck!

Thank you Ray! No he/she isn't a poop water and I clean it out when I see them. My son, I guess just thinks it's exciting when it poops and wants me to show him. Not really sure why, but he is 3. I mean I guess I get excited when the little guy poops right too. Lol