OP update :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
I haven't been on the forum in a while, but I thought it was time for an update on OP (Optimus Prime). He is growing nicely. Just weighed him after a soak yesterday and he weight 906g. Then he pooped and weighed 883g! He measures in at 6 1/2 in. Been working on his outdoor enclosure as it is finally warming up! :) Got a few updated pics.

101_2457.jpg

101_2455.jpg

101_2447.jpg

101_2430.jpg

We have had OP since August 28, 2010 when he was 1 month old. Now I can barely hold him with 1 hand. I'm am amazed at how fast he's grown :)

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Looking-for-opinions-on-how-we-are-doing#ixzz1pVO5qgQF

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D I love the all green face/mouth that you captured so well in that first picture.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
Tom said:
Looking good. How is he housed?

Tom he is in a 3ft long x 18in wide x 17 in tall glass tank with UV light for day and CHE at night with cypress mulch bedding. It was a big tank when I 1st put him in there, but it is getting smaller everyday. That is why I can't wait to get him outside. He has an 8in terracotta plant saucer for water, a granite slab (upside down) to eat from and a plastic container turned upside down with hole cut in front for his hide.

Jacqui said:
:D I love the all green face/mouth that you captured so well in that first picture.

Thanks Jacqui he does have a way of showing off his pleasure in eating :D

dmarcus said:
Looks very good...

Thank you! I think his shell was looking a bit dry so I put some coconut oil on his shell.

froghaven5

5 Year Member
New Jersey
DreadHeadMomma said:
He is beyond gorgeous :) I LOVE that first picture. And his name as well.
Thank you!

Just realized OP has more than quadrupled his weight since we put him in that tank which was a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.