Optimus Prime just pass 1000g

ryan57

Location (City and/or State)
PA
1 lb 💩 😱😳😱
I was soaking OP and was thinking darn his poops are about the size of the mini dachshunds we have.

That is a nice jump for the little one too. So exciting I hope this never fades.
Exactly. I have discovered in the past 2 years that I am a tortoise person and probably always have been and always should have been. I like the positive changes in my attitude, patience, attention, etc.

Taking care of, observing, and watching Stump observe everything in slow motion has brought an awareness to me that I did not have before.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Exactly. I have discovered in the past 2 years that I am a tortoise person and probably always have been and always should have been. I like the positive changes in my attitude, patience, attention, etc.

Taking care of, observing, and watching Stump observe everything in slow motion has brought an awareness to me that I did not have before.
Yes, a lot of slooow motion thinking, going on there. They must ponder a lot!

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
I forgot to post OP's weight. As of Saturday he is now 1290g.

I have bought all the wood and a chicken brooder for the night box. I'll get started on this sometime tonight or tomorrow. I still have to order the Kane heat mat, but as OP won't be outside until is is warm I have time for that one.
I went with the chicken brooder instead of a RHP as it can switch from brooder at 40 watts to heater at 200 watts and only 50 bucks. We have used them for years for chicks and they have worked great. I'm hoping it will do the trick for the tortes too. 🤞

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
It's been a little since I posted another update on Optimus Prime.

Optimus Prime is getting so big. I really hoped he would be indoors another year but nope no way. He is now 1742grams 3 lbs 14.5 ounces and 8 1/2 inches long. He's an eating machine.
He is also doing on purpose to drag his house all over his enclosure. I really need to get his yard secured outside and the finish off the heating for the heated night box. Just waiting for everything to be delivered at this point. I'm going to be out of comission again starting Thursday. I have to have my tonsils removed. They are causing swallowing and breathing problems for months now.

Here's a new picture from today.

Attachments

• 437613031_1076178916814514_4257222561954723436_n.jpg
    437613031_1076178916814514_4257222561954723436_n.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I'm so sorry about your tonsils problem, and hope you will soon recover. At least it will be an excuse to eat icecream all day long !
Angie