• Is she sick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaremiah

5 Year Member
She was digging holes but now she has stopped and stays in some kind of trance and doesn't eat. The only thing she will do is soak in her water for a long time.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Blackburn, U.K.
This is usually what happens (Not by excperience) Ive read they dig practice holes and pace and go off food for a while :)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
My boxie girls will sometimes dig several holes before they lay the eggs. I have never had an egg bound turtle, so I can't tell you what to look for, but her behavior sounds pretty normal. Sometimes they go off food, sometimes they don't.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jaremiah:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

It may be time to take your tortoise to the vet. In the meantime, bring her indoors, set her up in a hospital tank (a smaller version of an indoor habitat that you can keep over-all warm at about 85F degrees) and soak her in warm water.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
If you can tell me the soil type and areas.... Maybe some pictures I have over ten years experience in breeding ornates in their natural environment.

jaremiah

5 Year Member
This has been going on now for over a week, she loves insects and especially worms but she isn't interested in nothing. She is wild and has been with us for about four months, however she is very friendly and comes to us when we are visiting or feeding her. Now she is easily frightened and tries to avoid us when I awaken her out of her trance. One eye stays shut but it doesn't look swollen. It is currently over a hundred degrees outside right now so all my turtle stay below the mulch in the heat accept her, I think she is to weak to dig so she stays under a log. I have set up a tank to bring her inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.