osborne heat pad chipped

ash2311

5 Year Member
Hello. My name is ashley and i live in L.A. I am very excited to have the extensive knowledge and support of this forum. I have two African Spurred tortoises. Their names are Artex and Morla although I have since learned that my sweet little Morla is actually Morlando and he is most certainly a male. They are getting large now and i am figuring out the plan for their new outdoor habitat. I have ppurchased and osborne heating pad and am planning to put it on the floor of their enclosed shed. I have also bought a rheostat to control the temp. My fiberglass pad aarrived with a small chip on the side. For all who use these could you tell me if this imposes a serious threat? I look forward to finding knowledge here. Thank you all for your time.

Ashley

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
ash2311 said:
Their names are Artex and Morla although I have since learned that my sweet little Morla is actually Morlando and he is most certainly a male.
Ashley

Hi Ashley and welcome. I can't help you with your question, but hopefully somebody soon may know the answer. Did Morlando "flash" you, is that how you knew? Glad to have you here. Could you, in the enclosure section, share with us pictures of what your working on when your done? Plus we would love to Morlando and Artex, too. :)

ash2311

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
ash2311 said:
Their names are Artex and Morla although I have since learned that my sweet little Morla is actually Morlando and he is most certainly a male.
Ashley

Hi Ashley and welcome. I can't help you with your question, but hopefully somebody soon may know the answer. Did Morlando "flash" you, is that how you knew? Glad to have you here. Could you, in the enclosure section, share with us pictures of what your working on when your done? Plus we would love to Morlando and Artex, too. :)

I would love to show pictures of them and what im working on. Thanks for the warm welcome Tom!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D :D I am Jacqui. ;) :p :D I look forward to seeing those pictures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Did you buy the pad from Osborne Industries? These people are great to deal with. I'm sure if you call them they will take care of the shipping charges for you to send it back to them, and they'll send you a new one. If the chip doesn't go into where the heat strips are, its probably ok to use it, but if it were me, I'd want a not chipped pad being as how that's what I bought.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would send it back for a new one. Better safe than sorry . Welcome to TFO. YOU BROKE THE RULES YOU DID NOT POST PICTURES. :dodgy:

ash2311

5 Year Member
Here are a couple of pics.
CAM00094.jpgCAM00094.jpgHere are a couple pics. :)

Attachments

• CAM00095.jpg
    CAM00095.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • CAM00094.jpg
    CAM00094.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:

ash2311

5 Year Member
I didnt know how to post pics but i do now. Also my son is never allowed to hurt my turds and he loves them as much as i do just incase it looked bad to anyone who views them. Thanks for all the warm welcomes i have received today. Very cool

Ashley

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Welcome Ashley. It's good to be one step ahead of everyone here:p No, really, you're gonna love it here. If I were you, I would return the blanket, but first call them because they should pay for the shipping to get it to them. Have them email you are return label for FX (or whatever carrier they use), and you just have to print it out, pack the blanket in the box it came in, and stick the label on the box. Hopefully, they'll get it and send you a new one withing 10 days.

One big reason why I would return it is because if it's cracked in a corner, even if it's not near any heat coils, some water or pee might get in there while it's on, and that would not be good.