Our Florida Box Turtle Returned Home!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucymay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
I still can't believe it!! I have to share my news... Months ago our Florida Box Turtle, Sharlie (who might be a male... tbd), got out and went MIA. We posted signs in the neighborhood, looked everywhere... we were heartbroken. So we decided to adopt Russian Tortoises and now have 3 males. Then this morning while I was outside with my RTs, I turned around and there was Sharlie!! OMG! I am still amazed. We will have to make a separate 'room' in our outdoor tortoise pen for her but what a happy day it is :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
What a very good new :D
I am really happy for you Lucymay.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's very good news, Lucymay! Do you think the Florida was just buried someplace in your yard? They do bury really good. I have a wild caught male (long term captive) that I don't see for weeks on end. Then all of a sudden, there he is. He's very shy and closes up tight as soon as he sees me. I'm so happy that Sharlie came home!

Yvonne

Lucymay

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Los Angeles
Yes, I'm sure Sharlie must have been just buried somewhere in the yard. We have a hillside with lots of plants, but she disappeared in March and so we pretty much had given up on her. Now I have to figure out if Sharlie is really Charlie :)

Merrill (Lucymay)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Merrill, congratulations on the return of Sharlie (Charlie) That is great news. :D

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
THat happend with one of my russian tortoises! She dug into the ground and about 4 month later I was watering plants and all of a sudden I see her running around the pen.

So I know the feeling ! so cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.