Our hermann has arrived!

Natalie44

Location (City and/or State)
Essex
Our baby has arrived! Isn’t he cute 😍 the breeder said to take him outside everyday- how long for? I’m keeping the uv light on for 4 hours from 12pm, and the level on the solar meter is 4.5.
Natalie x

Attachments

• IMG_5348.jpeg
    IMG_5348.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5347.jpeg
    IMG_5347.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 03af9891-3041-41cd-bba7-e0ee0c871486.jpeg
    03af9891-3041-41cd-bba7-e0ee0c871486.jpeg
    694.7 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Omg he’s gorgeous!! Congratulations on your new baby!!❤️
Honestly as you’ve got your indoor UV and meter I wouldn’t worry about taking him outside whilst he’s still so young and little, he’s getting all the uv he needs from you indoors atm😊💕

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Noticed you changed back to coir too, did you find some without that weird smell? Lol
If you still have your orchid bark you could put a layer on top, you don’t have to but just a thought🙂

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Our baby has arrived! Isn’t he cute 😍 the breeder said to take him outside everyday- how long for? I’m keeping the uv light on for 4 hours from 12pm, and the level on the solar meter is 4.5.
Natalie x
You can take him outside around 11AM or 3PM, on sunny days and when it's warm. 15 minutes is a good start. If you can make a secure pen with shaded and brightly lit areas - that would be great. Don't leave him under direct sunlight in a box/tub or other container.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Yeah I guess if you have a secure area you can watch him, a bit of outdoor time whilst it’s warm would be nice, just don’t worry if you can’t cause like I say he’s getting all the uv he needs😊

Natalie44

Essex
Omg he’s gorgeous!! Congratulations on your new baby!!❤️
Honestly as you’ve got your indoor UV and meter I wouldn’t worry about taking him outside whilst he’s still so young and little, he’s getting all the uv he needs from you indoors atm😊💕
Thank you 😁 I think the breeder said he kept them outside all day and once he gets back at 5 he takes them back into their indoor enclosure. I just hope he’s coping well with the change! And yes I changed it back as I didn’t really like the look of the bark, and I thought he might be able to roam about abit easier with coir. At the moment he seems to be sleeping standing up against the wall on the cool side..and hasn’t gone into any of the hides. Is that normal?

Attachments

• IMG_5355.jpeg
    IMG_5355.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1

Natalie44

Essex
Thank you 😁 I think the breeder said he kept them outside all day and once he gets back at 5 he takes them back into their indoor enclosure. I just hope he’s coping well with the change! And yes I changed it back as I didn’t really like the look of the bark, and I thought he might be able to roam about abit easier with coir. At the moment he seems to be sleeping standing up against the wall on the cool side..and hasn’t gone into any of the hides. Is that normal?
Also, not smelly lol 😂

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I wouldn’t worry too much on his strange behaviour just yet, it’ll take a good few weeks for him to settle properly, they’re very dramatic little creatures and don’t like any kind of change, as long as all your levels are reading good, all is well😊he’s probably just a bit stressed at the moment.

What name have you gone for?🥰