Our RF successful wellness visit

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Unless you're well-versed in RF sexing, it's hard to determine. I had three RFs here for several years and i couldn't tell.

Clean bill of health, though, YEA!!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
So yesterday I took our red foot to our reptile veterinarian and she has come back with a clean bill of health and we found out our tort looks to be a girl!
Awesome, you really can't go wrong with an animal from Tortstork! I saw your other thread too and fyi your tort is WAY too young to sex yet.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad it got a clean bill of health. That said, unless your tort gets sick, I wouldn't take it to a vet.
As you might have figured out, the vet is trying to sex a tortoise that is way to young/little to sex. That's a sign they aren't as educated in tortoises as they want to think.
A lot of vets do more harm then good. Mine have never seen a vet and have had most of them since 2011.
The only one that ever seen a vet was a female I no longer have and I thought she was egg bound.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Agreed.
I only bring sick tortoises to my vet...And she specializes in tortoises.
Do a baseline weight and then weigh every 2 to 3 months and look for steady weight gain and any outward signs of illness.
Save your money.