Our Sulcata family

4jean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York State
Wow! How beautiful! I love how they all look different!

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
How did this happen? I have developed such an incredible love and respect for these babies. All 8 have such unique looks and personalities. The big guy huddled up in the corner, we took in 2 days ago from a vet tech who rescued him after a really bad dog bite that split his shell from middle to the side and has a puncture wound underneath. This was his first night and our whole group rallied around and made him feel safe (at least that is what we are telling ourselves) lol.

I want to take this moment to thank all of you who have given advice and shared- the info and articles I read and the pics I look at have only increased my affection and commitment to these wonderful animals.

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
Wow! How beautiful! I love how they all look different!

Thank you. 2 of them are ivories, as you can tell. We also have a Sudanese, but, he has few more weeks before he can be integrated into the group. He is beautiful as below20151016_105805.jpg 20151016_105805.jpg

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
I am jealous. One is all I have resources for. I do understand your passion though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The big guy huddled up in the corner, we took in 2 days ago from a vet tech who rescued him after a really bad dog bite that split his shell from middle to the side and has a puncture wound underneath.

You got him 2 days ago and he is in with your whole group? No quarantine?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This was his first night and our whole group rallied around and made him feel safe (at least that is what we are telling ourselves) lol.

Animals will usually pick on weak, sick or injured animals of their own species. Your group is not showing love, they are bullying this poor injured guy and telling him to get out of their territory. It is not going to help him to be in with your other tortoises just yet. And if he is carrying anything, its not going to help your group either.

Sorry to be a bummer, but I have fist hand experience with this and if my comments bum you out, you have no idea how bummed you will be if your whole groups gets sick and dies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I would love to know where you got a Sudanese sulcata. These are pretty special and I wasn't aware that anyone was currently selling them.

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
Great observation Tom. Thank you for that catch. He was in quarantine with my associate, who rescued him, for several months beforehand. I want that to be clear. I don't want any mistakes being made by others due to reading this.

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
Tom-
I would love to know where you got a Sudanese sulcata. These are pretty special and I wasn't aware that anyone was currently selling them.

I got my Sudanese from Andrew at Arizona tortoise compound

TexTorts

Pearland, TX

Tom-
I got my Sudanese from Andrew at Arizona tortiose compound. He had several left just few weeks ago

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom-
I got my Sudanese from Andrew at Arizona tortiose compound. He had several left just few weeks ago

I hope you'll post lots of pics as he grows. Mine came from the same source as Andrew's and I'd love to see how yours develops.

How about your Ivories? They look great. Where did you find those?

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
I hope you'll post lots of pics as he grows. Mine came from the same source as Andrew's and I'd love to see how yours develops.

How about your Ivories? They look great. Where did you find those?

I would love to see a picture of yours as well. He is only 30 days old and weighs 59 gm. Quite the little beast.

TexTorts

Pearland, TX
I would love to see a picture of yours as well. He is only 30 days old and weighs 59 gm. Quite the little beast.

We got our ivories from William Corwin @ Reptile Odyssey. They are such beautiful creatures. 100% HET Ivory

TexTorts

Pearland, TX