Out door enclosure in Conn

Status
Not open for further replies.

habnoji

5 Year Member
Ok I have two questions about my new outdoor enclosure. First I have a issue with chipmunks getting into the enclosure, it has 1/2X1 inch hardware cloth top and bottom and every time I put food in the bowls it gets eaten from the chipmunks. I can't find where there getting in I see a hole at the bottom of the pen but the wire I think should be able to stop them. Any advice on how to stop them getting in? There really cute but I'm not trying to feed them. Second the enclosure is planted with lots of greens they can eat. How often should I add fruits and other veg for the cherry heads 2 and a second section for the Russian 1? Since they eat whats in there bowl and free range in the enclosure.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Could your Russian just live off of the weeds and greens in the enclosure? Then how about feeding the RF's the extra food when they are hungry, so they eat most of it? Then clear up the leftovers?

I imagine the chipmunks will get in there, no matter what. They can squeeze into the tiniest openings.
Doubt they will hurt the tort, but they are grateful to you for the food. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.