Out Of The Egg......."Almost"

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
:p

Smile at a stranger today it will warm their heart......
" Have a wonderful day " .......:shy:

J~

julietteq

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Amsterdam. Netherlands
So cute. I have always wondered what the shell of the eggs feel like? Are they like chickeneggs? Or are the softer more like leather?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
julietteq said:
So cute. I have always wondered what the shell of the eggs feel like? Are they like chickeneggs? Or are the softer more like leather?

The eggs vary in size and can be even larger than chicken eggs or small like a ping pong ball. The egg itself consists of the Shell, Shell Membrane,
Blastodisc, Yolk, ,Albumen, and Air Space.
The shell even though hard and solid to the naked eye actually has pores that allows air to reach the embryo. Next the leathery shell membrane rests against the inside of the shell. This is where many of the blood vessels form in the inside of the shell membrane as the embryo develops, and what folks see visually when “candling” the egg…. It is through this membrane that the blood vessels absorbs oxygen to carry to the developing embryo. The clear goo inside the egg is call “Albumen” and is made up of proteins that supplies the embryo with moisture and nutrients .The yolk itself serves as a source of
food for the developing embryo. There is a small whitish spot on the surface of the yolk.
This spot is the blastodisc. It will develop into an embryo if the egg is fertile.

J~:)

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands
N2TORTS said:
julietteq said:

The eggs vary in size and can be even larger than chicken eggs or small like a ping pong ball. The egg itself consists of the Shell, Shell Membrane,
Blastodisc, Yolk, ,Albumen, and Air Space.
The shell even though hard and solid to the naked eye actually has pores that allows air to reach the embryo. Next the leathery shell membrane rests against the inside of the shell. This is where many of the blood vessels form in the inside of the shell membrane as the embryo develops, and what folks see visually when “candling” the egg…. It is through this membrane that the blood vessels absorbs oxygen to carry to the developing embryo. The clear goo inside the egg is call “Albumen” and is made up of proteins that supplies the embryo with moisture and nutrients .The yolk itself serves as a source of
food for the developing embryo. There is a small whitish spot on the surface of the yolk.
This spot is the blastodisc. It will develop into an embryo if the egg is fertile.

J~:)

Thank you ! A more complicated answer the I expected, but I do appreciate it a lot.

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
My Birthday is next month on the 16th & then Christmas 9 days after. So don't hesitate to send just 1 over for my birthday/christmas LOL :p
They are adorable :)