Outdoor enclosure questions!

Chilly

Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hi Guys! I have a female Testudo tortoise. I had a few questions about the legistics of an outdoor enclosure. Currently, she is living inside. Where I live, in the summer is from 80-95 degrees Fahrenheit. However, at night it dips into the 65-70 degrees. Of course this would be a summer only thing as in the winter it snows and get really cold. We have plenty of space and sunshine every day in the summer. What is the best size for them? how would you recommend keeping them warm outside, are heat lamps enough? any other advice? thanks so much!

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ocala, Fl
Outdoors in the summer, it is so awesome because they don't need heat lamps! Night dips in temperatures are perfectly fine for a Testudo tortoise, no need to worry about that. Also, since space isn't really an issue, I would go as big as you can. The tortoise will take advantage of all the room, and you'll see that she is a completely different tortoise outdoors. An 8x8 enclosure or bigger would be perfect. Good luck, building an enclosure is always so much fun!