Outdoor Enclosure Renovation

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
We've had some nice weather here in NC, so I decided to update my outdoor enclosure. Besides replacing some places where the wood was beginning to rot, the only change made was the cover, which is now hinged for easy access with hardware cloth stapled underneath. The top's previous material was a bit cheaper, but since it was plastic it had started to rip over the years (and less predator resistance). Of course, I still have to move it into the yard again where there's more sun and greens as the old location is being overtaken by trees.

Because of yard restrictions and neighborhood rules, the biggest I could make it was approximately 6x5, but it's worked great for years now along with letting her roam freely every once in a while.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420159820.280255.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420159839.578178.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420159854.313816.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's nice. Looks like you've done a good job. And that solid lid sure is an improvement over the netting, huh?

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
North Carolina
That's nice. Looks like you've done a good job. And that solid lid sure is an improvement over the netting, huh?
It sure is! I've seen that a lot of people use similar designs, but kept putting it off. Glad I finally got to it, it was a lot simpler than I originally thought.