Outdoor enclosure

Big Ol Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
pflugerville Tx
I would suggest you weigh her, because I think the vet is wrong. I've never heard of a 3 toed at that weight.

Get a pair of scales that weighs in grams just so you can keep record. I looked up a study and in adults three toed this was the result

"When we weighed 129 north Louisiana three-toed box turtles we found the following: Sixty five males had a mean weight of 332 grams (range 220-449) and sixty four females had a mean weight of 435 grams (range 319-615). "
well I mean I feed her regularly and she's never hibernate so she's never had to restore to fat reserves.

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
That would put her at roughly 2267 grams and very impressive.

Checking weights is very important throughout the year just to check to see if she is healthy and not losing weight, and then come hibernation time you know how she is doing.
I'll buy a little scale next week (have to go to my cousins wedding this week) and tell you what her weight is

Big Ol Tortoise

pflugerville Tx
It's coming along!!!

I'm going to guess that she isn't 5 pounds. I have 3 huge three toed females that hit around 700 grams each. (Pound and half)

Make sure that soil is nice and soft, You can cut a hole in a plastic tub and it will last longer than the box. Pile up dirt and leaves inside it.

Do you have a water dish set up for her.
Oh so either I remember wrong or my vets scale is bad but we took her to the post office and she weighs 1lb and 10 ounces (how many grams is that) Yes she has a water dish I was cleaning it since it's filled with mud so it wasn't it the pic