Outdoor enclosure

Blondefondew

Looking for advice on building an outdoor enclosure for my sully. He is still little, 8 ounces and doing well. We are planning to build him a 4'X8' house and I want to make sure we do it right! It will be raised about a foot, have heavy duty wiring on the top and all 4 sides and hinged doors on the top. My concern is where to put this thing! We live in Florida, I want him to have sunlight but not too much, some rain is ok but I don't want him to be soaked. We have a porch that is covered but I wonder if he will get enough sunlight. Will he benefit from the sun indirectly?! This will be a heavy duty enclosure that can't be moved easily. We will build a house inside the enclosure as well so that he can get out of the sun. The back yard faces the west and its Florida so we get a lot of quick storms dumping a lot of rain!
Thanks for any help :)

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
The enclosure will be 4x8? Or the house in the enclosure. He's still a bit young to put outside full time. Maybe an hour or two each day. He's going to grow fast and he will quickly outgrow a 4 by 8 foot enclosure. The 4 by 8 house on the other hand would work. Some people actually get sheds and put doors on them for their Sully's. As long as one of the areas in his enclosure get son he will find it and then he can bask. A 4 by 8 enclosure outside right now would work for a year or so tops. But like I said only for a couple hours at a time and I would put a cover over it like chicken wire so that animals can't get him( Hawks and Eagles and the such).

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Save some money and buy a "Kiddy Pool" til he is bigger ! Plus it is light enough to move around !

100_8015.jpg

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
And cover with a piece of chicken wire if you aren't watching him... He's very lightweight and easy for a bird to just come down and grab and pick up and carry off...