Pacing all day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MovieActor

5 Year Member
Unfortunately the outside season has passed. We are in the low 60's now. Harriet will have to wait until spring. :p

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Oh, gonna be a long winter for the two of you. Where do you live , if you don't mind me asking?

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Oh, ya..its getting that time of year for you guys. Its gonna be tough. But I'm sure Harriet will make it thru the winter...question is will you?...lol....

WinterDB

5 Year Member
I live in coastal Virginia as well.

My baby tortoise seems to be very agitated that he can no longer go outside. How do you house him during the winter?

MovieActor

5 Year Member
I have a 4' X 3' enclosure for her and I let her roam the apartment when I'm home.

WinterDB

5 Year Member
MovieActor said:
I have a 4' X 3' enclosure for her and I let her roam the apartment when I'm home.

That's awesome^_^ she's beautiful

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
roaming can lead to trouble... eating things that drop on the floor, and unless you have a huge heatng bill or heating in the floor, its probably too chilly for her on the floor. you might need to build something better outside for winter or bigger indoors...

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Laura said:
roaming can lead to trouble... eating things that drop on the floor, and unless you have a huge heatng bill or heating in the floor, its probably too chilly for her on the floor. you might need to build something better outside for winter or bigger indoors...

As I understand he said when he's home. She has heat otherwise :)

MovieActor

5 Year Member
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
As I understand he said when he's home. She has heat otherwise :)

True story. She is well monitored and has a special heat lamp area she goes to to warm up when she's roaming and tankin' around.

testtudude

5 Year Member
Guess all of us North dwelling tort owners are having the same issues these days lol. Had to up my indoor habitat size but they seem content for now :) I let them roam a little but I don't have a out of tat basking area, so only for short periods.

MovieActor

5 Year Member
I think indoor roaming is healthier than none at all. Especially when they are supervised. What is with some tort owners demonizing other tort owner's only means of providing exercise in the winter?

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
MovieActor said:
I think indoor roaming is healthier than none at all. Especially when they are supervised. What is with some tort owners demonizing other tort owner's only means of providing exercise in the winter?

Because your tortoise obviously misses its chances to make snow men, err snow tortoises...

danosaurous

5 Year Member
Rhode Island
I let my two larger torts roam around one level of my house. Without their exercise They seem to go crazy! Haha we have radiated heated tiles and I bought them an electric fireplace that they bask next to. I'm a supporter of indoor excise!! (with supervision of course)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Just don't listen to them. Maybe you can provide an area where you can have some indoor plants to roam around in. Anything to simulate his outside enclosure may be a plus. It will be Spring before you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.