Pet Expo/ReptiCon

Status
Not open for further replies.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Today I went to the Pet Expo for the first time. This year they partnered with ReptiCon so there was a nice reptile selection to look at also. Got some Mazuri from the Tortoise Supply booth...they had some really nice and healthy tortoises to look at. A different booth also had a pair of full size red footed tortoises that were beautiful, if I had an extra $300 I would have bought one.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Wow! I still wait for a expo near me. I don't ever hear of any where it wouldn't be ridiculously too far to drive. Sometimes it's a good thing that we don't have funds when we go to these expos; otherwise, we'd get too many torts:p

lunalink

5 Year Member
I went today aswell, I wanted to get myself a star :p i kept it together tho! My son won himself a beta fish. It was our first time as well. Cant wait for the in LA so i wont have to drive lol.

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
Compared to last year, this year's show was not a good one for tortoises or turtles. I took a lot of cash expecting to buy at least a couple but there were only three or four people that had tortoises, no one with water turtles or American box turtles. I was very disappointed. If you wanted snakes or geckos there were a lot of those, however. There were so many good vendors for torts and turtles last year, I wonder what happened.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Yeah I didn't see any water turtles or box turtles either. I saw some Sulcatas hatchlings that were sick at one booth, a lot of them were sick and all his tortoises were pyramiding. Tons of geckos and bearded dragons and snakes.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Every reptile show is pretty much the same. As far as tortoises goes..tylers stand is the best. I really liked the radiated yearlings he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.