Pet shops good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blafiriravt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
The question as to whether pet stores are good/bad should be one to ask yourself about a given store. Around my parts, MOST of the CHAIN stores do really well with the care and cage requirements of the animals. I have petsmart and petco. Both seem to be on par as far as care and cleanliness. I personally try to support breeders myself. I like that they are very personal with the animals they keep and breed, and can tell you the exact personality of that particular animal because they deal with them on a daily basis. Some people don't like the idea of shipping though. It's all up to you. I like to grill the sales clerk if I buy from a store. Sometimes it's kinda fun :D

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Worcester, MA
I agree it all depends on the employees. I have 2 different Petcos and 2 different Petsmarts I go to depending on which animal I'm shopping for.

Each has knowledgable employee on a specific subjest and I ask their opinion, but I do research just in case they try to BS. My Grandfather told me trust everyone but never let them know how much you already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.