Petco video:

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
I was at work and went on to break the website and saw this video of a petco that threw away live iguanas, this guy found them and recorded it. Poor animals. Thought it was interesting

Petco Throws Live Iguana In Trash
http://view.break.com/2537795

Kyle

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is just disgusting. I'd like to put them in that dumpster. The difference, I would put a lock on it. What is wrong with some people. Just sickening. Glad he was there and the little guy I guess is doing fine now.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Millerlite said:
I was at work and went on to break the website and saw this video of a petco that threw away live iguanas, this guy found them and recorded it. Poor animals. Thought it was interesting

Petco Throws Live Iguana In Trash
http://view.break.com/2537795

Kyle

I couldnd view the video, maybe it was just me

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
The only way to stop this ........... is to stop buying from petco !!!!!!!!!!

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
I agree with mike taylor. People keep buying and they will keep selling. Its what they do. IMO Its not about the animals its all about the money. It breaks my heart.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
mike taylor said:
The only way to stop this ........... is to stop buying from petco !!!!!!!!!!

This was a person doing this, not the company. Stop buying from that store until they fire the guy perhaps, but don't punish the chain.

Questions...

1) I know trash put out to the curb is fair game for taking, but if the dumpster is on company proerty, isn't this stealing?

2) What is he feeding the dog food to at his reptile rescue?

3) How do we know this was not a setup?

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
Jacqui said:
Questions...

1) I know trash put out to the curb is fair game for taking, but if the dumpster is on company proerty, isn't this stealing?

I was wondering the same things while watching this... Especially the dumpster regarding property.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
hunterk997 said:
Jacqui said:
Questions...

I was wondering the same things while watching this... Especially the dumpster regarding property.

It isn't 'stealing' but it can usually be considered trespassing if the property owner/manager wanted to put a stop to it. It's usually easier to just lock the dumpster/put a fence around it instead of trying to use 'trespassing' to put a stop to it. It seems that the latter often ends with some sort of property damage.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So we are taking the word of somebody who is constantly breaking the law and basically brags about it?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Jacqui said:
So we are taking the word of somebody who is constantly breaking the law and basically brags about it?

If they haven't told him not to/posted signs, then it wouldn't necessarily be trespassing/breaking the law. Trespassing laws aren't usually used unless someone really causing problems. Even then, the owner/their representative would tell the person to leave and it wouldn't be until they returned that it would be breaking the law.

That said, the guy rubs me the wrong way. I like how after he finds the iguanas, he basically uses them as props while he continues his diatribe.