Peter's thread

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Good plan (to garage when temps above freezing).
Do you have a basking light in your cold frame now (may have missed that)?

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
lynnedit said:
Good plan (to garage when temps above freezing).
Do you have a basking light in your cold frame now (may have missed that)?

Yup, I have one, but I never posted pictures. I think it's a par38 halogen bulb, 100 Watt or so.

It will only be installed during early spring or late autumn when it's just not warm enough outside for Peter. Once the temperatures go up it will be removed.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
peasinapod said:
Yup, I have one, but I never posted pictures. I think it's a par38 halogen bulb, 100 Watt or so.

It will only be installed during early spring or late autumn when it's just not warm enough outside for Peter. Once the temperatures go up it will be removed.

Perfect.

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Three months down, one more to go! The weather here has ben "spring-timey" for the last few weeks, but I don't trust it. It is quite normal for is to have snow in march or april, so I'll let Monsieur sleep until at least the middle of march.

I went out yesterday to inspect the plants in his enclosure. I don't know how, but there now seems to be a tiny strawberry plant inside it? I've already made plans where the seeds should go etc. I am so excited!

Peter is still doing well, but strangely the temperatures in the fridge have started to fluctuate. Before it didn't change more than 0.3 C, but now it goes from 4-6 before the thermostat intervenes. Thank god we installed it!

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
lynnedit said:
I imagine the last month will past the most slowly!

I fear so too! I hope the weather cooperates and spring arrives early. I have no need for snow in April and May! At least I can soon make a headstart on planting stuff for him, so that it sprouts before he wakes up. :)

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Woohooo! The wake-up phase has officially begun! I've started to gradually increase the temperature in the fridge, soon I'll move him to the garage and after a few days in there he'll be able to go outside again. :D

I've already changed some stuff around in his enclosure. I'll make some pictures once everything looks a bit better. There's lots of flowers blooming here already, even the ones we call "easter bells"! :O

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
The weather is probably throwing a wrench into my plan. It seems it will be cold and rainy until tuesday at least. :(
I'll have to observe how it progresses, but I'll move him into the garage anyways, there he cand ecide a bit for himself. :/

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
AW: Peter's thread

Look who's awake!! :D

I'll post more pictures of him and his enclosure tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1397150247965.jpg
    1397150247965.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 1397150279976.jpg
    1397150279976.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 1397150296183.jpg
    1397150296183.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 51

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Thank you for rooting with me!

He's still quite laid back and takes frequent naps in the sun, but he's eating and is active once he notices you.

Here the promised pictures:

k2k9s4.jpg

Still looking FABULOUS!
wtc9lc.jpg

His enclosure. It still looks a bit bare at the moment as the plants have yet to reach a decent size after winter. There's lots of tiny plants though!
123mszc.jpg

Notice all those baby plants?
dxfwq1.jpg

2nvea0p.jpg

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
Hello everyone! Sorry for having been absent these last few weeks, I had a lot of things going on.

Peter`s doing fantastic. He's super territorial and aggressive at the moment, but I guess that's the hormones talking. ;)

The weather has been marvelous since March or so, we only had a few cold snaps.

I hope you are all doing great as well! :D

Attachments

• 1400928371808.jpg
    1400928371808.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 29
  • 1400928391961.jpg
    1400928391961.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 29