"Petting...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahdjb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
St. Petersburg, FL
Do any of you find that your Sulcatas like to be "pet" or "scratched"? Do they typically tend to be interactive like this? Malawi's been allowing me to do so on his little head, and he seems to enjoy it - sometimes even pushing into it like say a cat would...Anyone?

Utah Lynn

5 Year Member
sahdjb said:
Do any of you find that your Sulcatas like to be "pet" or "scratched"? Do they typically tend to be interactive like this? Malawi's been allowing me to do so on his little head, and he seems to enjoy it - sometimes even pushing into it like say a cat would...Anyone?

I do that with my RT's. They seem to really enjoy that.

sahdjb

5 Year Member
St. Petersburg, FL
Yay! That makes me happy to hear. I thought I might be going crazy at first...like "He didn't really just do that, did he?" LoL! Then of course I had to question myself - "Did he really like it, or is it because I want him to like it?" HaHa! I suppose I'm getting used to having a more intelligent turtle...not that the RES'S aren't smart....

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
Mine lets me rub his head too. Although I get the impression it is just a way to get more food! He also runs up and down the tank if he sees me.

M

Maggie Cummings

Bob enjoys having his carapace rubbed and scratched but he doesn't like his head or legs touched.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Tony loves to get his head scratched... He comes running up to me and sticks his head way out.. And when I scratch his head he pushes against my hand ..

But I always have to watch him.. Yesterday I was giving him a good scratch..while I was talking to my wife when I turned around he had his mouth wide open and was about to chomp on my hand..I was lucky.. I have seen him snap a good size carrot right in half with a quick bite....

jdub

5 Year Member
both my sulcatas loves a little head rub from time to time too

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
one of my CDTs LOVES to be rubbed....shell, legs, shoulder area, neck, side of neck, chin...even the little fatty areas by his back legs---but don't do that so often as I don't want a flash attack LOL

reneereichert

5 Year Member
Sacramento Area
RE: "Petting...?"

My new guy is so sweet, he loves his neck rubbed..he stretches it out real far and loves every minute of it!!

lester2011

5 Year Member
RE: "Petting...?"

Mine likes to be petted in the head, and he will let me touch his legs only sometimes. He mostly doesn't like his front legs touched.

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
My little one likes it, but I'm really careful about petting his head, even though he pushes into just like you said, like a cat, and I only use one finger 'cause he's tiny, it still feels like I'm beating the crap out of him. I can't wait 'til he grows up.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
So this is what Vegas does if we try no rub his head or neck, lol :p

0924111723a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.