Pinworms

Dsmith

Location (City and/or State)
Wichita Falls
Hello, My Sulcata Tortoise has been diagnosed with pinworms and giardia. He was started on some medication yesterday. I am cleaning out his indoor enclosure. The vet suggested I clear out the Coconut fiber substrate and repti bark and replace with reptile carpet and hay. Has anyone used this for their tortoise instead of substrate? I know they eat hay. Also, do I need to sterilize his/her enclosure and if so, with what?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello, My Sulcata Tortoise has been diagnosed with pinworms and giardia. He was started on some medication yesterday. I am cleaning out his indoor enclosure. The vet suggested I clear out the Coconut fiber substrate and repti bark and replace with reptile carpet and hay. Has anyone used this for their tortoise instead of substrate? I know they eat hay. Also, do I need to sterilize his/her enclosure and if so, with what?
While on the anti worming meds you can use newspaper. And change it as needed.
Repticarpet will foul immediately and it harbors smells and bacteria.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi. Start here: