Pirates and torts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsross1970

5 Year Member
I suscribe to netflix and I found a reptile title on a dvd you can order. It is a documentary on reptiles and thier history. Anyways, one of the chapters is on torts. They have a interview with the owner of a tortoise that had been passed through the families generations. I dont know what kind of tortoise it is. But the owner claims that in his family line the tortoise was once living with pirates at sea. Its a cool video if anyone has netflix....its worth it to order this dvd.
:p

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Yeah, they used to eat tortoises on ships. Someone probably got attached to the menu item, and saved him :)

rsross1970

5 Year Member
Look under the title retiles, I think it was a dicovery documentary. The film is about a 1 hour and 12 minutes long. Its really good. I just sent it back to netflix in todays mail. The title of the DVD is Nature:Reptiles
I hope this helps...netflix rocks!!!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
They would often keep Galaps in the holds of ships for a year or more, with no food and water, as sort of a mobile meat locker. I find it horrifying personally, but, it was a long time ago...

samstar

5 Year Member
kyryah said:
They would often keep Galaps in the holds of ships for a year or more, with no food and water, as sort of a mobile meat locker. I find it horrifying personally, but, it was a long time ago...

Thats just really sad

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
a little OT but they ate the dodo to extiction to I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.