Placement food bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belladannon

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maine
Hermann will only eat his greens if I put them on the basking side. So I should put he soaking dish in the cooler side? And does he need a separated bowl for water to. Besides the soaker bowl?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
One bowl will serve as toilet, bath tub and drinking place. There's no need for separate ones. Your tortoise won't distinguish between them :)

Put them where you want. If he's hungry he'll find them. It won't hurt him to go hungry for a few days until he learns he has to explore and find food like a wild one.

Belladannon

5 Year Member
Maine
Never thought of it that way,
" have him find his food like a wild" I think he spends too much tome on the basking side. But again I just got him on Monday so I think he is overdue to explore
Thanks!

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
putting greens on the basking side means any leftovers will dry up. i like to put enough food so my tort can snack all day so i put it on the cool side and the water dish on the warn side so its good bath temp haha

Belladannon

5 Year Member
Maine
stinax182 said:
putting greens on the basking side means any leftovers will dry up. i like to put enough food so my tort can snack all day so i put it on the cool side and the water dish on the warn side so its good bath temp haha

That's a great idea too! Thanks

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I have a household 60 watt light bulb over my RF soaking dish ... It stays nice and warm and I find he soaks in it thru out the day.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
i keep food on the cool side.

my tort will go bask and warm up, then head over to the cool side to eat, then back to basking.

i also found that food on the warm side will dry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.