Plant help

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Hey all, it's spring, I've been puttering around the yard and had some thoughts. My search function is not working, so I started a new thread ;) I have Daffodils and Hyacinths overflowing their pots. Can I move some to the tort yards? They'd look so pretty, and come back every year. I think it's a genius idea, if they are edible.

Tortoise Table says no to both :(

Does any one have a bulb type plant in their tort yard that adds color as well as variety to tort diet?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It has been my experience that bulb plants are toxic. However, my Manouria dug up a whole iris bed and ate the bulbs with no ill effects.

redbeef

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
It has been my experience that bulb plants are toxic. However, my Manouria dug up a whole iris bed and ate the bulbs with no ill effects.

Iris are quite different from the daffodil/tulip group...I think technically they are referred to as 'tubers' rather than bulbs as well...

daylilies are somewhat rhizomous and i think tortoisetable lists the flowers as edible, perhaps this would be a good option? be sure not to confuse w/'true' lilies from the liliaceae family: they're all listed as toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.