Plants for table

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmackley2

5 Year Member
I got a tortoise table and was wandering what plants I could put in for an ornament and it is edible like robust plant or carex grass (pets at home said that) that's cheap and doesn't require much to grow,

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Depending on your Rusian, most plants are not going to last long. You miht want to try having the plant hang over into the enclosure, so they can only get certains parts of it, but not kill the basic plant. Airplane/spider pants are great for this, among others.

Cactus would be one to try.

I really like planting the trays where you raise the seeds/plants in the tray, but outside of the enclosure Once the seedlings are large/strong enough, you move the entire tray into the substrate (plant the tray) and keep rotating these trays as needed. In them you can grow so many seeds... like any of the greens or better lettuce style plants, all the other safe veggies and flowers, grass seeds, Rose of Sharon seeds, even weed seeds. Just about anything.

skmackley2

5 Year Member
my tortoise would eat pretty much all of that in a day

wouldnt cacti hurt him? like his skin

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
skmackley2 said:
my tortoise would eat pretty much all of that in a day

wouldnt cacti hurt him? like his skin

Which is why the rotating tray plan works well, as you always idealy have a tray ready to use. Use the "spineless" type.

skmackley2

5 Year Member
If I rotate it twice then he'll eat it in 2-3 days, what cacti do you recommend

skmackley2

5 Year Member
They can eat spider plants! :O how would I put it sideways because they seem to grow up and wider, not grow downwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.