Plants in cages

nchan94

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

Just want to hear some of your experiences with plants grown in tortoise cages. I tried growing a few plants outside the cages in my apartment, but I keep getting cobweb mold in it :/. Now i'm thinking of just growing some grass in my tortoise cages, but do you think I'll still experience growth of mold? I live in a pretty humid environment (Hong Kong), so yeah :/ Any thoughts or advice?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
I grow it in separate tubs with coco coir as a substrate. When the torts are good, I put them in the other tub for a treat. I have about 5 different clovers, mallow, a few grasses and some other goodies in there. I have not had an issue with mold. When I grew in their cage, they just ate it as soon as it came in. of course, this is just my two cents.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Your mold maybe coming from the soil you are using, try using a different substrate to grow your plants in small pots or trays outside the cage/enclosure if successful you can then just place the trays or small pots in the cage/enclosure and change them out as needed.