Cobweb mold toxic for torts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nchan94

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

Just wanted to start a discussion about Cobweb mold as there aren't much info about cobweb and its affects on leopard torts.

So heres my question..

Is cobweb mold dangerous for leopard torts??

And how would you get rid of it if it was growing on the plants you are growing in your tank?

thanks,

Tortus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
When I had it my leopard seemed to sleep a lot more than normal (sleeps a lot anyway), and wasn't as eager to go straight for the food. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence or if it was a reaction to the mold. I ended up getting rid of what the mold was growing on. What kind of plants are you growing that are getting mold?

nchan94

5 Year Member
just some grasses and weeds, Well i removed the plant now so its not affecting the torts anymore, but i want to keep the grass for future so they could graze on it :S

Do you know how to get rid of the mold without harming the plants?

Tortus said:
When I had it my leopard seemed to sleep a lot more than normal (sleeps a lot anyway), and wasn't as eager to go straight for the food. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence or if it was a reaction to the mold. I ended up getting rid of what the mold was growing on. What kind of plants are you growing that are getting mold?

Tortus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
I'm not sure. My mold was on Timothy hay that I kept replacing, she liked sleeping in it, but little bits would remain and mold. So I just stopped using it.

Word around here is that leopards don't eat much grass anyway. Mostly broad-leaf plants and succulents.

Status
Not open for further replies.