Please give me pics of your covered enclosures!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
Hello! For the past few months, I've been trying to get my dad to help me build a bigger enclosure for my sulcata, who has long outgrown his 40 gallon tank. However, he just refuses to understand why we need to cover it. I keep telling him that it's to keep humidity/heat in, but he just insists that covering it would be a fire hazard. I even built a mini model for him (my idea is to build a frame and cover it with a shower curtain/tarp/pliable piece of plastic, but he just says we should just drape a shower curtain over the lamp (it would touch the lamp) which would be an even worse fire hazard than my idea. (He almost dropped my CHE on my tort while trying to show me this, it literally landed like 3 inches from him). Can anyone post pictures of enclosures covered with shower curtains or have portable green houses over them so I can get my dad to understand?IMG_1511635956.495114.jpg
Here's a picture of my mini model of the cover. It doesn't necessarily have to be in this shape, it would just cover the entire enclosure and heat lamps without touching them, and the flap at the front would lift up for easy access. It's pretty much just a diy portable greenhouse lol(excuse my crappy model making)