Please help! Kind of species

sillusorydl

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Can anyone please tell me what kind of species are they. Friend of mine want to give these two to me, because I would like to do more researches on them before actually adopting them. Please help.

Thanks

1428946813170.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

sillusorydl

5 Year Member
New York

thanks Tom, i never have a Sulcata or Leopard before, that's the picture that my friend sent me. I kind of think that they might not healthy at some point.
I only have a Russian tortoise at home for a year and half.
btw, can you tell me is this Geochelone sulcata or Centrochelys sulcata?
Also, can you do which type of Leopard is this one?

many thanks in advance.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Centrochelys sulcata is the generally accepted taxon for this species of tortoise.
Geochelone sulcata was another of several names given to the same species but is now out off favour as Centrochelys preceded it and is thus the correct and prior designation.
They are the same.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
The leopard is a babcoki from what i can tell. It's pyramided so has been too dry so far. Read the care sheets for each to see their care. I believe @Tom says they have similar care requirements but these seem diferent ages? Babies of most species need high humidity to go along with the high temps.

sillusorydl

5 Year Member
New York
thanks all.

are you able to tell the problem(s) of them, I am just kind of think they don't look right and suspect they are not quiet healthy, but i can't really tell the problem. i am going to suggest my friend to separate them and tell him to follow the care sheet.

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Definitely a good idea. The sulcata looks good and pretty smooth but leopard baby needs higher humidity(while keeping temps up above 80f)