Please help with my new tort!

mojo_1

Location (City and/or State)
Saint Clairsville OH
a few tips for taking care of him might be good as well. Thanks in advance!
They eat a wide variety of things.
Greens and fruits, give them animal protein once in awhile it can be boiled plain chicken, shrimp, pinky mice, super worms.
Give the tort a 15 to 30 minute soak every day in Luke warm water upto where the upper and lower shell meet. Do not leave him unattended when soaking. Feed him enough food that he can eat on it all day.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
Some more things they can eat kale, endive chickory, mustard greens, romaine lettuce, bok choi, dandelions, plantain, squash.. Hibiscus, mulberry and opuntia cactus pads,
mushroom,
Fruits:
papaya, mango,strawberry, blueberries, proportions give or take are 40-60% fruits, 40-60% greens and veggies and 10-20% protein. You can vary the proportions and rotate foods.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
We personally use a thick layer of orchid bark for our red foot as substrate, offer food on a large slate to avoid them accidentally eating any of the bark.
Id also recommend getting a different enclosure as soon as you’re able, unfortunately that one is too small, a 4x2 will last them a year or two before you can upgrade🙂
From what I’ve heard, enclosures that are entirely glass don’t hold heat that well, that and they can be stressful for the tortoise having 360° transparent walls.
The lighting and heat @mojo_1 recommend further up will be best for your little guy, definitely get rid of that red lamp as soon as you can and switch to a CHE

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
It’s definitely important to get the heat up to 80-84f as soon as possible, they can be vulnerable to lower temperatures when they’re smaller, hopefully some of the more experienced members are able to recommend some ways you can improve this set up as a temporary measure whilst you search for a new enclosure, you have a super cute tort btw!😊

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
will he hate me when I force him to stay in the bath?
As long as the water isn’t too deep, too hot or too cold, he’ll be ok😊some will always try to escape come soak time, ours does lol😂she seems to find it comforting if she can feel my hand underneath her shell, make sure you stay with him during his soak, never left unattended🙂

HenHen1_2

New York
and he is actually now sleeping it is 8:57 my time and he is burrowed under the woodchip substrate under his wood hidey hole. Should I be worried that he's cold? (I just got him yesterday) my temperature probe says it is 80 F on the surface next to him.