Please ID this turtle

ColinS

Location (City and/or State)
Manchester
Hi. Can’t work out how to start a new thread!! Can anybody ID this turtle. I just found it. Obviously been dumped as I’m in the uk!! And will it live if I put it in a private pond

15467B6A-02DF-493E-8625-87AD0BD42663.jpeg 4D2AF131-7167-48AB-BDD9-AA8B9880230E.jpeg 1175184B-4D0D-4947-9661-DB905EF27D0F.jpeg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi. Can’t work out how to start a new thread!! Can anybody ID this turtle. I just found it. Obviously been dumped as I’m in the uk!! And will it live if I put it in a private pond
I think you'll have to get better pictures of the face and plastron (bottom)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I can't really tell from the pics - too much reflection.
Is it a tortoise or turtle?
If it's a tortoise don't put it in a pond it will drown!

ColinS

Manchester
Haha no it’s not a tortoise. I have tortoise lol!! It’s defin a turtle of some kind. Doesn’t look in the best health. The weathers just about hitting 13 degrees Celsius here so maybe just coming out of hibernation? It’s covered in algae so it has been in the water a little while it looks like. Try get better pics now. I think it’s a map turtle

Reptilony

QC, CAN

Young snapping turtle?

ColinS

Manchester
Almost certain!! Just been looking online and I agree. A lot of conflicting info. If I make a pond in my tortoise enclosure can it harm my torts if and when it gets out for food/basking. Can it withstand uk temps. I can provide a shallow pond type structure with a slow filter. It would be the temps that I would struggle with. And maybe the harm it can cause to my torts or vice Versa.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Reeves turtles have a reputation for being intelligent and interactive with their keepers... "The 'golden retrievers' of the turtle set" or something like that. :)