PLEASE take a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsindenver

5 Year Member
I've raised this guy almost from a hatching. He eats great, pellets, veggie and fruit, with vits and minerals,. Bath weekly, 60% humidity. I noticed he's underside was a bit strange. Please take a look and tell me what you think. Thanks, bob

See thumbnail blow. If it is normal Raised lines, will it change? If not normal, what is it, what to do) Thanks in advance.

bobsindenver said:
I've raised this guy almost from a hatching. He eats great, pellets, veggie and fruit, with vits and minerals,. Bath weekly, 60% humidity. I noticed he's underside was a bit strange. Please take a look and tell me what you think. Thanks, bob

See thumbnail blow. If it is normal Raised lines, will it change? If not normal, what is it, what to do) Thanks in advance.

PLEASE ALL YOU EXPERTS, I'M WORRIED ABOUT MY FRIEND. PLEASE REPLY

Attachments

• DSC00006.JPG
    DSC00006.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 117

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't think it's anything to worry about, but I'm no expert, so bump to see what others say.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Not really sure. It could be natural. It's probably cosmetic. Have you had him his whole life? If so and he had the same things on his shell it is probably nothing.

bobsindenver

5 Year Member
mattgrizzlybear said:
Not really sure. It could be natural. It's probably cosmetic. Have you had him his whole life? If so and he had the same things on his shell it is probably nothing.

Thanks feel better, can anyone else add anything?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Are you refering to the white lines? Or the raises lines? The white lines are growth. The raised seem to be too fast of geowth. Do you feed any protein source from animal. Or just plant protein? What exactly are the living conditions, lights heat exact diet?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm not a vet, but I don't like the way it looks. My gut feeling is that he's not getting enough warm soaks and his environment may not be humid enough. How old is he now? Can you post another pic of him standing up? Will get back to you soon. Sibi

bobsindenver said:

bobsindenver said:

bobsindenver

5 Year Member
sibi said:
I'm not a vet, but I don't like the way it looks. My gut feeling is that he's not getting enough warm soaks and his environment may not be humid enough. How old is he now? Can you post another pic of him standing up? Will get back to you soon. Sibi

bobsindenver said:

bobsindenver said:

thanks everyone. His diet is tortoise biscuits daily from tortoise supply, vits and calcium every other day. he gets veggies and fruits daily too but prefers the biscuits, Humidly is about 50-60%. bath weekly. Should I cut back on the biscuits and feed more fruit and veggies, more humidity, baths etc. or ......,

bobsindenver said:
sibi said:

bobsindenver said:

bobsindenver said:

thanks everyone. His diet is tortoise biscuits daily from tortoise supply, vits and calcium every other day. he gets veggies and fruits daily too but prefers the biscuits, Humidly is about 50-60%. bath weekly. Should I cut back on the biscuits and feed more fruit and veggies, more humidity, baths etc. or ......,

will post more pics tomorrow. about 1 year old

bobsindenver said:
sibi said:

bobsindenver said:

bobsindenver said:

bobsindenver said:
sibi said:

bobsindenver said:

bobsindenver said:

will post more pics tomorrow. about 1 year old

I'm using water non his bedding, should I get a specialized tortoise humidifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.