Poisonous trees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeside, California
Hello and happy holidays,
I live in Lakeside, California and was wondering if anyone could identify these trees and if they were poisonous to my Sullies. Also was trying to figure out the best area to place their new home and was wondering what you all thought of the trees that they would be exposed to. We are getting ready to plant grass and great edible plants in the area but as you see in the pic is just a muddy huge mess at the moment.

Front/middle yard has,
6 Avacodos, 12 pomegranates, the mystery trees, 3 ash, 6 silk oaks, a few eucalyptus, 2 orange, and 6 juniper type long tall skinny ugly trees, which I will gladly take out if need be.

Back/middle yard has
Mystery trees, 3 ash, apple, 6 citrus, 2 Avacodos, a few eucalyptus, 2 pepper trees, peach, plum, and angel trumpit trees.

I did download the Edibla Plant Collection from the link someone posted awhile back thank you so much what a great site.
Any help is much appreciated.

A better picture of the mystery tree

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 43

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Chinese lantern tree????????

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
Don't know about the mystery trees, but you listed angel trumpet trees as being on the property. Angel trumpet (all parts) is highly toxic to most animals. I don't know about tortoises in particular, but I wouldn't expose mine to it. It kills people and livestock.

Odd footnote: my chickens ate a bunch of angel trumpet leaves one day (I could have kicked myself for not noticing it was within their reach) and it didn't seem to hurt them a bit! I expected them all to die! We didn't eat their eggs for a few days after that, though.:p

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
Thank you for the replies. I am going to have to rethink where I am placing them. Luckily of the four areas I have to place them two are relatively unplanted and can be worked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.