pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I like it, though I still say it needs some landscaping IMHO. To my eye it looks unfinished like that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
??Len?? said:
Love the pond, maybe one day I will have one like it.It would have to be in Maryland not enough room here.Don't know what penny-royal is. Will it grow in my cold climate? Len

Probably. It freezes back here, but grows again in the spring.

dmmj said:
I like it, though I still say it needs some landscaping IMHO. To my eye it looks unfinished like that.

I know, but I'm trying to keep from having another "chore" (weeding, watering, mowing).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I started this thread in September, three years ago. I thought it might be fun to show what the pond looks like now. The clover from the next door pen took over on the banks all by itself. What I THOUGHT was a mini papyrus was actually a very obnoxious weed that spreads its seeds all over the place and new plants come up everywhere. Of course, the mama weed is in the middle of the pond and I have no way to cut it down or pull it out.

Phrynops hillari and Florida soft shell:
07-11-13d_zps58e05750.jpg

The "filter" that actually doesn't filter, but does circulate the water and keep it oxygenated:
07-11-13c_zps7dc6749f.jpg

07-11-13b_zps92687588.jpg

07-11-13a_zps1095b87e.jpg

TxTortMan

5 Year Member
If I could make a big outdoor pond like id like to, this is what I would have to model it after. Very nice! How many and what kind of turtles do you have in there now?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
there are a couple of female RES, a female Phrynops hillari (Argentine sideneck), two male and one female Florida soft shell, several actinemys marmorata, and quite a lot of mosquito fish. Oh...and I saw a pretty big bull frog jump in yesterday. They don't last long though because the turtles eat them.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Just found this thread for the first time and it is fantastic! you have the most drool worthy turtle pond Ive ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.