Pool and Opo

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
I might be getting a in ground pool with the whole area will be covered in a screened porch or lanai as they call them here in Florida.
Would Opo be alright to come in the pool area? Or would he fall in the pool?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He could possibly fall in the pool and either no way out he would drown. Plus the chlorine wouldn't be good for him.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
He could possibly fall in the pool and either no way out he would drown. Plus the chlorine wouldn't be good for him.
Thanks, I guess I will measure how much space I would take in the backyard with the pool. Then I can decide if the rest of the yard is big enough for him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Some tortoises have good depth perception and some do not, walking right off the edge of the pool and falling in. It's a tortoise thing, not a species thing.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Some tortoises have good depth perception and some do not, walking right off the edge of the pool and falling in. It's a tortoise thing, not a species thing.
Thanks Yvonne, it's crazy I could really use a pool for my therapy and pain management. But don't want to take away part of Opo's yard. I will take measurements of what yard would be open for Opo. Then run it by you all and see if that's big enough for Opo.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Thanks Yvonne, it's crazy I could really use a pool for my therapy and pain management. But don't want to take away part of Opo's yard. I will take measurements of what yard would be open for Opo. Then run it by you all and see if that's big enough for Opo.
My personal observation is you can figure this out. Your pain management is very important, just as much as the people in your life are & Opo. There is room for all things, especially Opo. If not, expect enforcers from TFO to descend & make it so ...LOL!!!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Opo, I will say it! You and your care are more important so put yourself first before your tort. Besides if you don't take care of yourself how can you take care of others! Plus tell the pool person you have a spoiled brat of a tort and they may surprise you with ideas they accumulated!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My personal observation is you can figure this out. Your pain management is very important, just as much as the people in your life are & Opo. There is room for all things, especially Opo. If not, expect enforcers from TFO to descend & make it so ...LOL!!!
My bad,I keep forgetting I have the backup from the TFO enforcers!?