Poop. It's gross, but I need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Ok, sorry to bring up a slightly disgusting topic, but Benny has been eating a lot of fresh dandelions and clover from my yard and I have noticed a significant change in his bowel movements.
He's pooping two, three times a day and sometimes these poops are nearly as big as he is. I just worry the poor guy is pooping so much out he's not gonna keep growing!
I can assure everyone that the weeds and clover and my grass is pesticide free.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
That is fine. They save it up for a while then purge themselves. I've seen piles that are literally almost as big as my torts are before. Depending on what they eat, the piles will look different also so don't let that freak you out either.

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Do you soak him regularly? My tortoises is soaked daily, and poops are usually the same, but on protein days, he really scarfs his food down and his poops are usually bigger afterwards. It is amazing how much one little tort can poop!

botsysguy

5 Year Member
No problems. Sometimes when my tort poops, it looks like a human dropped one. I'm more worried if I'm not seeing consistent pooping.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Ok thanks for the info. I was just a bit concerned and didn't see any threads addressing it.
Benny does soak daily and will also poop in his baths at least twice. He seems to think I have only home to worry about and don't mind changing his water three to four times in twenty minutes lol

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Poop. It's gross, but I need to know

botsysguy said:
No problems. Sometimes when my tort poops, it looks like a human dropped one.

Hahaha haha hahaha!

Hilarious..and true

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

Status
Not open for further replies.