Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mochii

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Hello,

A quick question. How exactly does a healthy poop look like?

In the beginning when I got Marley, his poop was silvery and looked like cigarette stuff. But today, I found him pooping a long doggy-poop looking poop. Is it because he's not eating enough grass?

What can I do to fix his poop?

Thanks.

- M&M

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It sounds to me as if the more recent poop was the more natural-looking. If he's getting a lot of grass then the poop would look like little grass cigars. I doubt it should ever look "silvery."

Yvonne

MarysTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
California
Silver poop? That sounds scary.

I feed my sulcata mostly grasses, weeds, clovers and grape leaves. Very occasionally grocery store lettuces. His poop is dark brown/green and long and not too soft. Looks kind of grassy even.

Ha Ha! Grass cigars! That's a perfect explanation.

M

Maggie Cummings

Baby Sulcata poop like like miniature turds with strands of grass running thru it and holding it together...looking exactly like grass cigars...only small

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, but if yours isn't eating any grass, it would look the same but without the grass in it.

Yvonne

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
now thats what you want your torts poop to look like. you got that and you have a very healthy tort. grazing is the best. smiles, spring & galileo

Mochii

5 Year Member
Los Angeles, CA
Thank you!

Marley pooped on my hand today and I was able to confirm that his poop looks similar, but like Yvonne said, with no grass in it because he's not eating bulk s of them. :)

- M&M

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Lucky it was just your hand !!! Tallula pooped and peed on Nick's chest one day when she was snoozing on his chest,and it ran down his tummy haha....boy oh boy did I laugh. I was laughing so much that it took me quite a while to get up and get some tissue to clean him up hahaha, and he was like "aw no, I don't think she likes me" - was quite funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.