Possible Prolapse?

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sweet Home Chicago
I may be way off here, but could Juliet just have been starting to flash rather than having a prolapse?

No it is definitely a prolapse. Flashing doesn't last days. And the Vet is very experienced and knows what is going on. But I do appreciate the suggestion.

MysticCaribou

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sweet Home Chicago
** Julet Update **

Ok - somewhat good news. This is the reason for the prolapse to begin with - see photo. We knew with the x-rays the other day, that he had two 1 1/2 cm pebbles in his stomach. But they were not in his intestines which made it appear that he was ok with them in there, and eventually and hopefully he’d pass them out. But it became an issue and he was pushing so hard to get rid of them it caused the prolapse. And he was successful in the last 24 hours getting rid of one, but because he’s stitched up the pebble stayed at the base of his cloaca and was causing extreme swelling. Interestingly (at least to me) is that he's not been in an area where there were pebbles for at least two years. So we have one more to get rid of. He’s home and appears to be doing ok and is hopefully not as uncomfortable as before.

Meanwhile Yay Juliet - You rock!

And to everyone else, thank you for caring and being so supportive.

Attachments

• a Pebble - one of them - from Juliet causing prolapse 07-27-19.jpg
    a Pebble - one of them - from Juliet causing prolapse 07-27-19.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 19

C. Nelson

Grand Junction, CO
** Julet Update **

Ok - somewhat good news. This is the reason for the prolapse to begin with - see photo. We knew with the x-rays the other day, that he had two 1 1/2 cm pebbles in his stomach. But they were not in his intestines which made it appear that he was ok with them in there, and eventually and hopefully he’d pass them out. But it became an issue and he was pushing so hard to get rid of them it caused the prolapse. And he was successful in the last 24 hours getting rid of one, but because he’s stitched up the pebble stayed at the base of his cloaca and was causing extreme swelling. Interestingly (at least to me) is that he's not been in an area where there were pebbles for at least two years. So we have one more to get rid of. He’s home and appears to be doing ok and is hopefully not as uncomfortable as before.

OUCH!!! Poor guy.

Cindy63

Staten Island
** Julet Update **

I'm so happy he's doing better