Possible Pyramiding???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamoLover45

5 Year Member
So my family and i were not planing to get our new baby untill the middle of September, but this little guy just happened to pop up and he needed a new home. We have only had him two days and we don't get paid till Monday but this is what i have him set up in Just For Now.
Any info anyone can give me would help greatly!!!
However i believe he might already be Pyramiding. here's a few pictures.

This is his home for now his hot spot is ranges from 105-110 and 83-85 on the cool side.

mikeh

5 Year Member
I think he is fine. Providing him with proper warm humid environment from now on will stop any pyramiding that may have started and new growth will be smooth. Pyramiding is not a disease.

Looking at your pics, looks like you need to create a completely new set up for him if you would like to see smooth growth and not pyramiding. The sooner the better.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

At least for now get rid of those tiles, put 2-3" of moist peat moss or clean dirt ( without any pesticide, fertilizer, chemicals) in and keep it moist.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif
Beautiful little baby you have there. You need to provide a water dish for your little guy. The best also happens to be the most inexpensive... a saucer that goes under a plant pot works great. They are just a couple of bucks and provides easy access in and out. Below is link to Tom's info on caring for a sulcata.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-63788.html

Lilyloveslettuse

5 Year Member
Oregon
What a cute little baby!!!!!! I use the terra cotta pot bowls too. Inexpensive, sturdy, not too tall so that the baby tips itself over trying to get in or out, and easy to clean. :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Click the links in my signature for lots of sulcata help. Read read read and then come back to us with all your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.