Possibly finding a new home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlmkiniry

And while I understand that you know your dog, that doesn't change a dog's natural instincts. There have been many many MANY a thread where a dog and a tort were living perfectly fine together for years and years. Then one day the owner comes home to a dead or severely injured tort because the dog started chewing on the interesting moving rock/chew toy they never paid much attention to before. I'll link you to some.
No thank you! Mind you, I never leave any pets unattended in cross species meetings. Again, I appreciate your concern. However, I know your concerns are unfounded in this instance with this dog and the intended, full enclosed habitat.

Angel Carrion

Location (City and/or State)
Douglassville, PA

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
I'm not saying you can't have torts, I'm just saying don't assume your dog will never bother with them and that all precautions should be taken to prevent any dog including your girl from ever having access to a potential pet tort.

mlmkiniry

I'm not saying you can't have torts, I'm just saying don't assume your dog will never bother with them and that all precautions should be taken to prevent any dog including your girl from ever having access to a potential pet tort.
I am done with this conversation. You do not know anything about me, my house, or my dog and, therefore, cannot pass judgement with any substantiation. Thank you, but I am done and moving on.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Guess what? I am not reading those! I do not want to read gore! I have plenty of healthy, happy, well cared for exotics. What do you not understand about "no, thank you?" Goodness.
Well I'm sorry, my computer hadn't loaded your response before I posted the links. There aren't any gore pictures or anything like that , though. It's just peoples typed experiences with dogs hurting torts.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I am very hesitant about the dog, because dogs are known to kill torts.
I would not be worried about the dog in this case. The person responded in a way that shows she knows to keep them separated. A secure enclosure, not left unsupervised etc. and an indoor and outdoor enclosure is required in your climate. I don't know anything about this person just what they have said here. So with those two things said you guys can discuss the rest of it, it's all up to you.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
I'm sorry , am I coming across as bullying or something? I don't mean to be if I am, I'm only trying to stress the fact that no dog or cat or rodent can be trusted around a tort or turtle. The danger to the torts life is too severe.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
I would not be worried about the dog in this case. The person responded in a way that shows she knows to keep them separated. A secure enclosure, not left unsupervised etc. and an indoor and outdoor enclosure is required in your climate. I don't know anything about this person just what they have said here. So with those two things said you guys can discuss the rest of it, it's all up to you.

Sorry, didn't see this until now, either.

Angel Carrion

Douglassville, PA
Sometimes posts come in while you are responding to one before it. I've missed things like that too.
Yeah I keep having this problem, both on the computer and the app. I know it's not a glitch or issue with the program, it's because it sometimes takes my brain a bit to fully tell my fingers what to type.

Status
Not open for further replies.