"potty training"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
One might call daily soaks potty training, as the tortoise usually poops in the soaking water.

oliviaTORTOISE

5 Year Member
I did not train mine but she likes a particularly corner where she does her buisness

compassrose26

5 Year Member
Michigan
Re: RE: "potty training"

oliviaTORTOISE said:
I did not train mine but she likes a particularly corner where she does her buisness

Lucky. One of mine especially likes to go whenever I take her out. I nicknamed her poopy.

tylrhadn111

5 Year Member
I have read that tortoises are very habit forming animals, in the sense, that once they start developing a routine they tend to stick to it. So, be it that that information is correct, your tortoise may, with time, choose they like a specific spot to go to the bathroom and if you were to put something underneath that spot that you could remove and rinse, you could look at it as a form of potty training.

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
I did not train mine, but she has a favorite place. Her food dish! Every day like clock work, she pees on her food.

ICUSleeping

5 Year Member
Casselberry
Well mine kind are. Zeus is gonna be 2 and he ONLY poops outside. Charlie is gonna be 1 and ONLY poops in water. We do the same routine everyday. If I just so happen to skip my routine let's say for 2 days...they won't poop for 2 days...iv tested this many times over the colder weather. Same result even 3 days out. Zeus gets tired of holding it and will go while soaking , but then gets angry (I'm only gonna asum cause I can't read his mind) he gets mad after pooping and starts raming the tub. Charlie will hold it till I soak her and the moment she hits the water will let go full force. So the moral to my story every tort is different . hope that helps lol