Preserving: Canning, Dehydrating, And Freezing Foods

waretrop

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NE Pa. Zone 5
Motero?? So where do you store all these jars? I wanna see your pantry....PLEASE??

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
We have two pantries one big, one small, But they are a mess, we focus on have good staples to eat, neat and tidy storage is optional. I love your idea of canning lemon and lime juice. We have been freezing our lemon juice, and the limes never last long enough to store, they usually don't even make it to the kitchen, they are so good.

waretrop

5 Year Member
NE Pa. Zone 5
Oh I am impressed. You look like a prepper. I save food so they don't have chemicals and for being thrifty. When things are on sale I buy them. I also, from the time my daughter was born, have learned not to use chemicals as much as possible. When my friends come to visit my house the first place they hit is the pantry to see what I have been doing. LOL They know if they Oooo and Ahhhh enough, I will send a care package home with them. Then the SHTF I will hide in my pantry then when someone comes a knockin' I will surrender. LOL They can shoot me and take it all for themselves. I am not a fighter...

I have 2 pantries, one is 6X10 and the other is about 10X12. The smaller one is on the main floor and holds the most food. I also have 2 veggie gardens, one is 40X60 and the other is 20X30. I choose a few large products and then add small amounts of things to fill in. So This next year the large things will be tomatoes, peas and lima beans. The fill ins will be green beans, carrots, celery, ect. Things I still have in the pantry or freezers that would be small replacements.