5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
tyler0912 said:
Wow cheryl you get...a whole....year off! XD Is that meant to say '2012?'
Are you excited for xmas! :)
I finish school on wednesday too!
WOOP!

It DOES say 2012. I don't know what you're talking about.

:cool:

And yep, excited for Christmas. The pile of presents looks huge under the tree, and I'm looking forward to spending the whole day relaxing with Ian and Emrys. Giving myself six days off work from Wednesday night until Tuesday night, and not back in the office until the Tuesday after that.

How about you?

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
tyler0912 said:
I dont know....big momma is basking and sleeping :/
(is it right for her to sleep under the light there temps are fine? Will she not get too hot....)
And tiago is in the humid hide sulking! XD
lynnedit said:
Somehow I don't think you are going to tell Big Mama what to do, so if she wants to bask, so be it. Tiago is funny.

Somehow i get the same feeling...she never listens tiago is leading a stray too...she is a bad example...lol
Tiago is getting bad mouthed and barges about like he is 10men...
(tryna impress the lady!)
He follows her about...EVERYWHERE!
They sleep...bask....eat....drink...bathe together....too cute to watch....

But atleast i can say.... They eat there vegetables! :)
(unless theyre is something better on offer! :) )

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cheryl sounds like a wonderful plan! Do you really think he can stand all that time off? :D

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
cherylim said:
tyler0912 said:
Wow cheryl you get...a whole....year off! XD Is that meant to say '2012?'
Are you excited for xmas! :)
I finish school on wednesday too!
WOOP!

It DOES say 2012. I don't know what you're talking about.

:cool:

And yep, excited for Christmas. The pile of presents looks huge under the tree, and I'm looking forward to spending the whole day relaxing with Ian and Emrys. Giving myself six days off work from Wednesday night until Tuesday night, and not back in the office until the Tuesday after that.

How about you?

Your lucky your 30 mins is not up miss! XD
Sounds fun you,Emrys and Ian! :)

Yes im excited...not sure why....not much to open now as i got them all early this year but still gratefull none the least! :)

Im more excited for my turkey and roasties...YUMMY! :)
Trying to talk my parents out off making us eat on a resteraunt xmas day as it's not the same unless your home! HAHA!

**Thanks for asking!**

P.S- Does emrys know about his present? ;)
Tiago and big momma have not got anything for xmas day...but they should be grateful...i think they have had enough off me this year! :)

Jacqui said:
tyler0912 said:
Jacqui said:
tyler0912 said:
and just wormed her! :)

And Tiago got wormed too?

Yepp he did....don't think they enjoyed it! :?

Did you also change out all their substrate?

I wormed them today... So they should not poop until tommorow or at a later date...right?
I have more spare beddings as i stacked up last petshop run....should i change it out...if soo when?
I bathe them daily...and they poop them...shall i still do it?
:) Thanks for informing me! :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ty, what kind of a treatment program are you on? As in when are the next worm meds being given?

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
I was told a month after the first was is taken...
I was also told, To feed butternut squash etc too....

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well technically, you should pull all substrate now and clean the enclosure well. Then just use newspapers or paper towels until atleast after the next worming cycle. Reasoning is there may be eggs in the substrate that will re-infect your tortoise. Also the first round will not get them all, so they can still be re-infecting thus the use of paper so you can clean and toss all the time cutting down the chances of re-infestation of the worms.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
That would depend upon your parasite numbers. I don't know how high your two tortoises had. The wormer meds actually kill the worms. Once the numbers are down to normal or "okay" numbers, then the natural veggies can be used. Your tortoises should still have a few worms and they may be beneficial to the host animal. It's when the numbers get too high and out of wack that problems happen. I would make a guess you should be fine after the two wormings, but I am also sure your Vet will want to run another stool sample to be sure.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Jacqui said:
That would depend upon your parasite numbers. I don't know how high your two tortoises had. The wormer meds actually kill the worms. Once the numbers are down to normal or "okay" numbers, then the natural veggies can be used. Your tortoises should still have a few worms and they may be beneficial to the host animal. It's when the numbers get too high and out of wack that problems happen. I would make a guess you should be fine after the two wormings, but I am also sure your Vet will want to run another stool sample to be sure.

Okay thankyou! :)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I need 1,900 posts before I can go to bed tonight so I'll post here.

There's a lot of pages on this thread, I have to imagine it takes up a lot of room on the server. Maybe more than an actual chat room would? Something Josh might want to consider. :)

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
good point. although it would be neat to see how long it could go, maybe trashing this one and making a new one would be a good idea.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi all, I am taking the puppy to get her Distemper vaccination today. I am killing time while waiting to leave. I could be loading the dishwasher but i'd rather be on TFO.

Princess Leia goes for her annual check up in a week. I have had her for a year now!!!!!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Neal said:

There's a lot of pages on this thread, I have to imagine it takes up a lot of room on the server. Maybe more than an actual chat room would? Something Josh might want to consider. :)

:D Was there something special about 1900 or it was just a nice round number???

pdrobber said:
good point. although it would be neat to see how long it could go, maybe trashing this one and making a new one would be a good idea.

Of if it's a problem, we could also trash old threads.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
If we trash the thread should we change the name to just chat or something or leave it alone?

Neal said:

Hi Neal, it is almost the busy season for you right? If I remember correctly you are a CPA or an accountant or both. I gave my accountant a call when I saw your name because it reminded me :). I like to get my taxes done ASAP!!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Jacqui said:
:D Was there something special about 1900 or it was just a nice round number???

I'm a little OCD so it was just a nice round number. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I left it at something ugly like 1,899. My goal is to hit 2,000 by new years.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Neal said:
I'm a little OCD so it was just a nice round number. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I left it at something ugly like 1,899. My goal is to hit 2,000 by new years.

That sounds like a good goal!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Hi Neal, it is almost the busy season for you right? If I remember correctly you are a CPA or an accountant or both. I gave my accountant a call when I saw your name because it reminded me :). I like to get my taxes done ASAP!!

Yup, aspiring CPA. Once the new year rolls around I'll be ludicrous over financial statements. I'm more of an auditor than a tax guy so my busy season doesn't end until June 30th...the baby is due June 14th so I think it is going to be a very interesting and long year. You are VERY smart for getting your taxes done ASAP.

Are you guys buried in snow over there?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Neal...you and your wife are expecting a baby? Wow! Do you have other kids?

I don't think it makes any difference to close a thread. The posts are still on the server. The only way to stop taking up server space is to delete stuff. We don't ever do that. You can go back and read the first posts ever made by the very first person on the forum.

This thread just keeps on going, and going, and going.....

Status
Not open for further replies.