Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Leyland, UK
Jacqui said:
Good Morning All!

Cheryl, hope your not too worn out after work to have a little fun along with the exercise. :D

Good morning to you! It's afternoon here, and I've just spent ages picking the tomato from my sandwich. Bleugh.

Jacqui, usually Monday morning until Friday evening is a blur. I have no time to rest at all, but I suppose it's making weekends more special.
Having time to relax this week, though. Ian's out tonight, so I did my work yesterday evening so I can relax on my own when I get home. Just need to go home, exercise, then the evening is mine. Tomorrow is debt clearance day - we're driving to a log cabin after work to meet our wedding photographer, then calling into a takeaway for celebratory pizza on the way home. Again, I've been able to do my work early, but tomorrow is a total write-off with no exercise either.

Also, I'm in a very good mood. It's my little brother's 18th birthday and I've just told him I've got £500 saved up for him and he needs to let me know what he wants. He was with friends, and didn't sound quite as enthusiastic as I expected but I think that's the cool 18-year-old thing. I reckon I heard his voice shake a bit when I told him! :p Can't believe he's 18. I feel old!

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
cherylim said:
Jacqui said:
Good Morning All!

Cheryl, hope your not too worn out after work to have a little fun along with the exercise. :D

Good morning to you! It's afternoon here, and I've just spent ages picking the tomato from my sandwich. Bleugh.

Jacqui, usually Monday morning until Friday evening is a blur. I have no time to rest at all, but I suppose it's making weekends more special.
Having time to relax this week, though. Ian's out tonight, so I did my work yesterday evening so I can relax on my own when I get home. Just need to go home, exercise, then the evening is mine. Tomorrow is debt clearance day - we're driving to a log cabin after work to meet our wedding photographer, then calling into a takeaway for celebratory pizza on the way home. Again, I've been able to do my work early, but tomorrow is a total write-off with no exercise either.

Also, I'm in a very good mood. It's my little brother's 18th birthday and I've just told him I've got £500 saved up for him and he needs to let me know what he wants. He was with friends, and didn't sound quite as enthusiastic as I expected but I think that's the cool 18-year-old thing. I reckon I heard his voice shake a bit when I told him! :p Can't believe he's 18. I feel old!

I'm sure he was about to choke with excitement, my baby brother is 19 and somehow he's gotten worse. He turned up his nose at my overly excited announcement that I was getting stars, in the presence of his friends, when I was home one weekend then hours later (...at godforsaken 3am) after they had left he woke me up jumping onto my bed and refused to leave until we had discussed all the details. He hasn't gotten into torts as hardcore as I have but he's still an animal geek at heart. Your brother will get excited, no worries ;)

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Hey Jacqui - not many leftovers, Chloe (11 yr old) had a friend with her for dinner yesterday so it's just pork and stuffing sandwiches for lunch.. How many hours behind are you - is there a status update on baby yet??

Hope everyone else is well - Peter enjoy your last first day, and Cheryl you are an AWESOME big sis!!!

What's the rest of the torty forum up to today? I'm off to check up on Yvonne's OMG thread, see if she's any more ready!

Helen x

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Jacqui, yes, Lynn or Lynne is perfect. 45F and drizzly. I don't work the hours Cheryl does, but today is a long day at work...(will be thinking of your grandson)

Cheryl, so nice of you to save for your brother's BD when you are paying off debt yourself, by the way, haven't you done that as of now?

Still worried about my one RT with the irritated eye. Frustrated that the main reptile vet in our area won't be able to help, then what do I do? Continuing to work on this with daily water soaks, rinsing the eye, and the antibiotic drops the vet gave. Just won't get better, and otherwise she looks great (other eye, etc.). I really think something is stuck in there. :(
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-new-RT-s-left-eye-word-and-pic-heavy#axzz1kx8xTDHI
Jacqui or anyone, if you have anything to add...

Helen, hope your husband's ship was repaired? And I would like some of those leftovers, slim pickings!

Peter, have a little ceremony of some kind, this really is a big step in life.

Joe, what are you eating today? :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
bubbles01 said:
Hey Jacqui - not many leftovers, Chloe (11 yr old) had a friend with her for dinner yesterday so it's just pork and stuffing sandwiches for lunch.. How many hours behind are you - is there a status update on baby yet??

Helen x

No real update. Surgery was set for 10 am and about 11 am the Dr came in to let us know they can't do the planned ecocardiogram (sp) as planned. His throat is too small for the tube to go down, so instead they will wait til they open him up and do it right at the heart.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
lynnedit said:
Cheryl, so nice of you to save for your brother's BD when you are paying off debt yourself, by the way, haven't you done that as of now?

13 hours, Lynne. 13 hours. Tomorrow will be an incredible day.

Jacqui, hope you hear some good news very soon!

jkingler

5 Year Member
Getting stars? As in Star Tortoises?!

*jumps on your bed demanding details*

Joe, what are you eating today?
Last night I had a Tocayo burrito (shrimp, octopus, diablo sauce, rice, a bit of tartar sauce, assorted burrito goodies) and a Bandido burrito (beef, chile relleno, rice and beans, enchilada sauce). Accompanied by lots of peppered and oiled onions, salsas, some roasted jalapenos, etc. They were delicious. :)

At like 5 this morning I had some multigrain Cheerios with slivered almonds, black sesame seeds, flax oil and Saigon cinnamon. Nothing too exciting. And just now had some Coach's Oats with butter, parsley, chives, Sunny Spain, shallot pepper, pepper, and salt. Pretty standard.

How about yourself? :D

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
jkingler said:
Getting stars? As in Star Tortoises?!

*jumps on your bed demanding details*

Joe, what are you eating today?
Last night I had a Tocayo burrito (shrimp, octopus, diablo sauce, rice, a bit of tartar sauce, assorted burrito goodies) and a Bandido burrito (beef, chile relleno, rice and beans, enchilada sauce). Accompanied by lots of peppered and oiled onions, salsas, some roasted jalapenos, etc. They were delicious. :)

At like 5 this morning I had some multigrain Cheerios with slivered almonds, black sesame seeds, flax oil and Saigon cinnamon. Nothing too exciting. And just now had some Coach's Oats with butter, parsley, chives, Sunny Spain, shallot pepper, pepper, and salt. Pretty standard.

How about yourself? :D

OK - My turn to need explanations...?

chile relleno, Saigon cinnamon please??

Oh and we had chicken!

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
Cant sleep, so thought I'd get up and see if there was any further foodie revelations.... Major let down tonight guys...!

Jacqui - update on baby?? hope all is well x x x x x x

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I'd take the cash myself.

lynnedit have you tried irrigating the eye with saline solution?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yes, thanks, I was doing that prior to seeing the vet, but only for a couple of days.
I did make another appt with the vet for Wednesday. I did tell them that it continued to be one eye only, that her appearance and behavior was normal otherwise (other eye, nose, breathing). I also mentioned that the antibiotic drops seem to be irritating.
They did call back and advise I stop them, and just irrigate with saline. So you are ahead of them! :)
Hopefully they will check for something stuck in the eye or eyelid, I will be emphatic!

Jacqui, any word on your grandson???

jkingler

5 Year Member
Hope your saline irrigation regimen helps 'em heal up soon!

Re: the food: Not sure how healthy it is (aside from the breakfast stuff), but it certainly is delicious! Haha. Do try it out sometime if you have a chance to get some of decent quality. :D

Also, not sure if anyone's seen these yet, but I have a whole thread of pics of my tortoise and put up a few moer pics the other day.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Daedal-is-actually-a-pretty-simple-tort?pid=376994#pid376994

;)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
jkingler said:
Hope your saline irrigation regimen helps 'em heal up soon!

Re: the food: Not sure how healthy it is (aside from the breakfast stuff), but it certainly is delicious! Haha. Do try it out sometime if you have a chance to get some of decent quality. :D

Also, not sure if anyone's seen these yet, but I have a whole thread of pics of my tortoise and put up a few moer pics the other day.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Daedal-is-actually-a-pretty-simple-tort?pid=376994#pid376994

;)

Hahahahaha, cute OVERLOAD. You are both quite the comedians.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Morning everyone!

This is it! Debt gone!

Doesn't quite feel real. It's going to be a lean month because I slightly miscalculated, so I'll have to carefully watch my grocery shopping, but I'll manage if I'm careful!

:D Sponsored a child in Africa this morning, too. Looking forward to getting all my information about her and sending her a letter.

And pizza tonight!

Now, for serious talk. Any update Jacqui? Hope things are going ok.

And Joe, Deedle is adorable. I caught sight of that thread earlier but didn't have time to call in and look - what lovely pictures! Amazing how our tortoises seem to think rocks are comfortable...

jkingler

5 Year Member
Congrats on getting your debt cleared, and have lots of free fun during your lean month - it's the best kind, especially when you are broke! :p

And yes, pillow rocks and cactus blankets - torts and humans don't exactly have identical predilections...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.